Tip Top Sports Betting Sites
- PlayWilliam Hill Sport William Hill Sport Review William Hill Sport
Bet £10 and get £30 in free betsWilliam Hill has been at the gambling game for decades, and its experience and expertise show in its sportsbook, which is one of the most respected in the United Kingdom.
New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply. Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days.
- PlayBetfair Sport Betfair Sport Review Betfair Sport
£100 Bet BundleBetfair.com has long been renowned for its Exchange, a special type of sports book that’s becoming increasingly popular in the United Kingdom. There’s plenty more of note at Betfair beyond the Exchange.
New Customer offer. Place 5 x €10 or more bets to receive €20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum €100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. T&Cs apply
- PlayPaddy Power Sport Paddy Power Sport Review Paddy Power Sport
Risk Free £20Paddy Power has a huge slate of odds offered across more than 30 different sports, plus perhaps the web’s best set of unique gambling options like reality TV and political election bets.
New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is €20. Only deposits made using Cards or Paypal will qualify for this promotion.
- PlayLadbrokes Sport Ladbrokes Sport Review Ladbrokes Sport
match max £/€50 free betLadbrokes is the world’s largest retail bookmaker, making it the most trusted source for a quality sports gambling experience available. Bettors in the UK especially enjoy what Ladbrokes has to offer.
18+. New customers only. Promo code ‘F50’ required. Certain deposit methods excluded. Min £/€5 on win or each-way bet excluding Tote or pools = match max £/€50 free bet. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Bet must be made within 14 days. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. Single bets only. Free bet cannot be used on certain markets. T&Cs apply.
How We Choose the Top Horse Betting Sites in the UK
For someone who’s new to the world of online horse betting, it could be an overwhelming job to separate the good from the bad bookies. At first glance, rogue sites could look equally as convincing as reputable ones.
We draw from our extensive experience and expertise to review online bookies in the market. Our team of experts tests these sites against a strict set of criteria:
- Honesty and reliability – These are the most important elements to look for when gambling online. By using anonymous accounts, we test the honesty and reliability of a site. Only the ones who really fulfil their promises make it our list of recommended sites.
- Customer satisfaction – We can determine the customer satisfaction of a site by looking at player feedbacks and putting our anonymous accounts to use. With a high level of customer satisfaction, our selected sites can deliver an overall great player experience.
- Payment methods – The sites that made it to our list offer a wide variety of payment methods that are the most popular and convenient in the UK. Furthermore, we ensure that all banking options available on these sites are secure and use SSL encryption technology to protect your information.
- Available horse races – Horse races happen all year round in different countries around the globe. Our chosen online bookies have many different races for you to choose from throughout the year with many betting options.
Deposit Bonuses and Free Bets From the Bookies
One of the best things that online bookies can offer you more than land-based ones are bonuses. Physical bookies have much higher operational costs than their online counterparts. Because of this, online betting sites give players bonuses to sweeten the deal with the aim of growing their customer base. As a player, you should take advantage of these bonuses to get more bang for the buck.
The first type of bonus you’ll encounter is the welcome bonus. When you sign up for an account, you’re eligible for this one-time-only offer to boost your bankroll. A welcome bonus is usually made up of a deposit match where the bookie gives you a percentage of your first deposit in bonus credits. The most common offer is awarding you with 100% bonus of your first deposit, but some sites can match to more than 200% and on multiple deposits. To illustrate, if the bookie is offering a 100% deposit match on your first payment and you’ve put in £20, you’ll receive a total of £40 to play.
Another type of bonus you see often is a free bet. The bookie will credit you with a certain amount of bonus which you can use to make wagers and still keep the winnings generated from it. However, you’ll usually need to first deposit a minimum amount of money to be eligible for the bonus.
You should take note that bonuses usually come with certain terms and conditions. Some requirements are hard to meet while others only ask for very little. So make sure that you understand what these conditions are before signing up for a bonus.
Recent years have seen the demand for mobile betting soar. With powerful smartphones and fast mobile internet, your phone can do so much more than just calling, texting, or checking your social media feeds. Because you carry your phone with you everywhere you go, you can use it to make your horse racing bets wherever you are. Any serious betting site supports mobile betting. Now, you don’t ever have to miss out on the action just because you can’t be tethered to your desktop.
With the surge of demand in betting online, some bookies are now offering live broadcasting of sports events like horse racing to turn the excitement up a notch. You can watch your favourite horse race live, both in the comfort of your home or streamed to your mobile phone when you’re on the go. You even have the option of live bets which are wagers you make when the race is still happening. This is something new that’s only possible with live streaming.
Online bookmakers like William Hill, Ladbrokes, and Paddy Power offer live streaming of certain horse racing events. Although you’re usually required to at least make a minimum deposit or one bet on the relevant event before you can access the live streaming, the amount required is generally quite small. Some events are not available on commercial television and you can turn to online bookies to watch the race you want too.
Top Horse Racing Events of the Year
Being one of the largest sports events especially for the rich and famous, there are many horse races all through the year, all over the world. We understand that it could be overwhelming for new players to decide on which races to start betting on. So we’ve made it easy for you by introducing you to the world’s top horse racing events of the year:
- The Kentucky Derby – This is the first and most famous leg of the US Triple Crown Of Thoroughbred Racing. The Derby is held on the first Saturday of May in Kentucky, USA, and is one of the shorter races out there. It’s usually over within two minutes, earning it the term “the greatest two minutes in sports”.
- The Grand National Steeplechase – Held in Liverpool, England, every year, this is a popular annual event in Britain. The Grand National is usually held in April and has always been attracting many celebrities, including members of the Royal Family.
- The Breeder’s Cup World Championship – This is a series of horse races that are held across the span of two days in various cities in the USA. There are altogether 13 races in the championship and four different trophies are awarded for each race.
- Japan Cup – The Japan Cup is the most esteemed horse racing event in Asia. Held in the capital city of Japan, the race takes on the last Sunday of November every year. Regarded as the biggest gambling event of the country, the race is inaugurated by the Prime Minister of Japan.
- Paris Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe – More simply known as just The Arc, this is one of the most prestigious horse racing events in the world. The race is held in Paris, France, on the first weekend of October every year and it’s a flat race for thoroughbred horses.
Real Money Betting – Play it Safe
Horse racing betting online is a thrilling activity that could earn you some nice profit. Some punters are full-time horse racing bettors and can consistently win. However, that takes a lot of research and experience to achieve.
The most important thing when you bet online is to only do it at a trusted site. You might end up losing a lot of money and time if your banking information falls into the wrong hands. Tip Top Casino guarantees that all our recommended sites are honest, safe, and secure. We are also the best guide for UK players when it comes to horse race betting. Remember, to win big, you’ll have to play it safe.