Casino bonuses come in many shapes and forms and not all are worth your time. On this page, we’ll be looking at different types of bonuses on the internet. We’ll also equip with you the knowledge needed to pick a suitable bonus that caters to your personal play style.
The Many Different Types of Bonuses
There’s a wide variety of casino bonuses you can find and your personal preferences determine which ones you should sign up for. Picking up a suitable casino bonus will let you gain a huge mileage on your bankroll. Our recommended casinos offer a wide range of casino bonuses and there’s surely something that you’ll find attractive. It pays to get to know what each of these bonuses are and how they work to identify which ones are the best for you:
- Welcome bonus – A welcome bonus is a one-time-only offer for new players to entice them to join the casino. This type of bonus is usually made up of a deposit match where the casino will match a certain percentage of your first deposit and credit it as a bonus in your account. Most casinos will give a 100% deposit match of up to a certain amount but some might even go as high as offering a whopping 250%! New casinos usually have better welcome packages to help them grow their customer base. Many of them offer more than just a match deposit but also free spins and other goodies in their welcome bonus too.
- Free Spins – Free spins are one of the most popular bonuses for UK players. You get to try out selected slot games for free and yet you can still keep the winnings generated from the free spins. However, free spins usually expire within a short time and come with wagering requirements.
- No-deposit bonus – This is one of the most sought-after types of casino bonuses on the internet. With no-deposit bonuses, you get to explore the casino without any financial commitment. All you need to do is to sign up for an account, which is free and takes almost no time at all to create, for receiving a small credit to play at the casino. If there’s a casino you’re interested in and they offer a no-deposit bonus, then it’s a no-brainer to sign up for it because you really have nothing to lose!
- Free play bonus – This is another fantastic way to get a taste of a casino without spending too much money. A free play bonus is where a casino offers you free money to play for a limited time, normally for an hour, at the site. You’re usually required to make a minimum deposit first and the bonus is subjected to wagering requirements.
- Monthly reload bonus – This type of bonus is only available to existing players for the casino to keep its customer interested. Every month, the operator will give you a bonus for making a minimum deposit.
- VIP and high roller bonus – VIP and high roller bonuses are usually the most lucrative but require large amounts of deposit. If you have a huge bankroll, say £1,000 or more, then you should definitely look for either of these bonuses.
Online Casino Bonus Terms and Conditions
It’s no secret that casino operators are not charity organisations and they need to make a profit to survive. They can’t give out free bonuses all the time or they will go out of business. Therefore, most bonuses come with a set of terms and conditions that you must meet before you’re allowed to withdraw any winnings.
Before you sign up for a bonus, it’s very important that you understand what the terms and conditions are first. A bonus will be useless if you end up not being able to meet the conditions. For that reason, you should understand the different types of terms and conditions that come attached with a casino bonus.
The wagering or playthrough requirement is the first thing you should look for before signing up for a bonus. This is the total bet amount you need to make in order to transfer your non-withdrawable bonus credits to your real money account. For example, you receive a bonus of £20 with a wagering requirement of 30x. This means that to withdraw any winnings generated from the bonus, you must wager at least £60 in total, whether you win or lose. It’s crucial to know whether you’re able to meet the playthrough requirement, otherwise your money will be stuck in your casino account, rendering it useless.
Another condition to understand as a casino player is that not all games contribute equally to the wagering. In fact, some games are not even eligible at all. The casino will have a table of game contribution rate so you know which games to play if you want to meet the playthrough condition quickly. As a rule of thumb, slot games usually give 80 – 100% while table games only contribute 10 -20%. Make sure that you know which games contribute the most before playing or you could end up wasting a lot of time and money only to find out that the game you’ve been playing doesn’t count towards the wagering.
Many bonuses are only valid for a certain period of time. If you don’t use them or can’t fulfil the playthrough requirement within this time, the bonus will disappear and you’ll forfeit any remaining credit. Free spins usually stay active for 24 hours from the time the casino credits them to your account. Match deposits can expire between seven to 30 days from the day you receive it. However, some bonuses stay active indefinitely so they are best for casual players. On the other hand, bonuses with a short validity tend to be more lucrative, catering more towards avid players who plan to clock in a lot of game time.
Many bonuses require you to deposit a minimum amount, usually around £10 to £20, to be eligible for the bonus. Don’t underestimate how important it is to know what the minimum amount is when you want to sign up for a bonus. Imagine that you’re interested in a welcome bonus so you created an account and made your first deposit. You later find out that you’ve completely missed out on the one-time-only offer because you didn’t put in enough money on your first deposit.
Are Online Casino Bonuses Worth It?
In truth, some bonuses are worth it while others not so much. It all depends on the quality of the bonus and your preferences. If you’re an enthusiastic slot player, you’ll notice that a lot of welcome offers with high bonuses are very worth it. On the contrary, casual table game players might find it difficult to fulfil the conditions of high-wagering and short validity bonuses.
Now that you know which type of bonuses suit you best, you only need to sign up for a quality bonus at a trusted casino site to get started. All our featured casino bonuses are offered by secure and honest casinos that you can have confidence in.